Old 10-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default Gravel, What Size?

Gravel should be as small as possible. The bigger the gravel the bigger the
gaps between. The gaps between will capture waste and hold it. In some
instances it'll go anaerobic on you. The best would be the smallest aquarium
gravel you can find (not sand). That'd probably cost you a fortune so I'd
just pick up some pea gravel from Home Depot.

Sam

"William Oertell" wrote in message
The gravel installed in my pond is a bit on the large size, ranging in

size
from about 1/4 inch to maybe two inches. Is this okay or should it be

finer
than that? Most of the gravel (if you can call it that) is much larger

than
an inch.