Old 10-12-2003, 05:34 PM
Chris Wilson

Default Electronic mole repellers??

[This followup was posted to uk.rec.gardening and a copy was sent to the
cited author.]

In article ,
says...
I have always trapped moles, but recently I came across an advert for a
solar powered electronic repeller that "taps" the ground periodically at
a sub soil level. I am very skeptical about there potential efficacy,
but am open to persuasion to part with cash if the things work... Anyone
got any experience of them please? The moles here in north Shropshire
seem to be working overtime at the moment and are a challenge to
eradicate off our lawn.

Thanks for all the info, got one today with the shotgun, the traps
haven't caught a thing in 2 weeks.... Our soil is sandy, makes me think
I'd be better persevering with the traps, and the odd "lucky shot" Last
time I stood with gun pointing groundwards some comic called out "Oi!
Clampett, found any oil yet?". If that means anything to you you must be
in your late forties at least :-)

Netiquette or not I think grammatical and spelling mistakes abound on
usenet, it needs tidying up VBG But there again I preferred the BBC
news read by those in evening dress!

--
Best regards,
Chris.