Old 10-12-2003, 09:42 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Gravel, What Size?

*Keeping with the can of worms theme*

I'd say, go with small gravel, so that when it gets full of muck, anaerobic
bacteria and aeromonas.... It is easier to suck out with a shop vac. ;o)

One thing locally we found regarding the AS system. When you remove all the
rock (that the prof. builders here put in) you don't have to build bigger,
all of a sudden the room for the fish doubles in size. One man removed his
rock (all of which he had to pay for by the pound) to find his (AS
reccommended) depth of 18" to 24" was 4 feet deep! ~ jan

http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Defrosted~
Tri-Cities, WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website