Old 11-12-2003, 01:12 AM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Nursery Stock

In a message dated 12/10/2003 6:32:54 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

I just bought a Bougainvillea (about 3 feet high, leggy, and blooming --
one gallon container) .
The Bougainvillea is an indoor

I can't help with the cotoneaster, but the Bougie is not cold hardy
and will be damaged by frost and killed by a freeze.
Bougies love to be pruned and even root pruned, but be careful of
water and don't let it remain wet. Also dead wood rots very fast.
If this is a standard variety of Bougie it will need to be a large
Bonsai. If it is one of the dwarf forms that is better.
Bougies get leggy with too little light.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast
Bonsai Societies of Florida Annual Convention Memorial Day Weekend 2004
Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral, Florida A HREF="www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org"
www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/A

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++