Old 11-12-2003, 07:18 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Newbie question

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

I grow all our brassicas from seed but all in rootrainers for transplanting
as if I planted in situ or seed bed we wouldn't get anything after the Flea
Beetle had done it's worst.
Can't imagine you are likely to import clubroot from nursery grown brassicas
as it's soil born and they normally use clean compost, more likely to get it
from a friend giving you some plants from a seed bed.

Hum. I bought three bags of pre-packed seed compost and found the stuff
well-named - it was full of nettle seeds.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)