Old 11-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Graham

Default Rosemary - White powdery substance

"animaux" wrote in message
I have yet to see a Rosemary of any kind, brought inside for winter, go

without powdery
mildew. It is simply too humid in most homes for Rosemary. A sunny

window, even southern
exposure, is still less sun than if you had it outside in the shade. They

do not thrive
indoors.

I live in Alberta and I have a thriving 15 yr old rosemary plant in my
kitchen, in a south-facing bay window. It spends only 3 months of the year
outside. I've never had mildew on it, but then, I might be lucky. It grows
like the clappers and I have to crop it frequently. The main stem is now
about 1.5" in diameter.

Graham