Old 12-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Graham

Default Rosemary - White powdery substance

"animaux" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:26:35 GMT, "Graham" opined:

I live in Alberta and I have a thriving 15 yr old rosemary plant in my
kitchen, in a south-facing bay window. It spends only 3 months of the

year
outside. I've never had mildew on it, but then, I might be lucky. It

grows
like the clappers and I have to crop it frequently. The main stem is now
about 1.5" in diameter.

Graham

That is quite rare. I wonder if it's the bay window part? If you bay

window sticks out,
the plant may be receiving more light than if you had a flat window.

You've mastered it,
that's for sure. Many people water their plants to death. Me included!

Victoria

Because it is vigorous, it's a heavy drinker. An early sign that it needs
water (+ a small amount of Schultz) is a slight twist in the leaves that
becomes more pronounced if you ignore it. During the summer, I have to
water it nearly every day.
I now have some French lavenders in pots that are even more vigorous. The
Spanish is very delicate and vulnerable to aphids and the English lavender
seems to be more susceptible to spider mites.
Graham