Old 12-12-2003, 03:42 PM
wmbjk

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

Jonathan Ball wrote:

I'm reading this in misc.rural, where people frequently
inquire about living "off the grid". I think they are,
for the most part, overly taken with the American
frontier mythology. They all want to be Jim Bridger or
Kit Carson. I have no doubt that if a Wenzel propane
stove (http://tinyurl.com/ytfl) had been available in
their time, Bridger and Carson would have used them.

So you've formed an opinion about off-gridders based on misc.rural
postings? That makes a lot of sense in an
I-read-that-you-can-get-spray-hair-in-a-can sorta' way. So keep
posting, your thoughts on the subject must be useful for something.

Wayne