Old 12-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Shell

Default Christmas Cactus and Roaches?

"Lynda LeCompte" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:30:27 GMT, Shell wrote:

We not only have the German/American roches, there are the monster
palmetto
bugs and Asian roaches here in Houston.

Oooh, and don't I know it.
/shudders

The worst thing I came across in England was the occassional large house
spider. I think I'm hardening up to the monster bugs here in Houston now
as
I don't shriek as loudly as when I first saw them. That was in the
apartment I just moved from. You could hear the monsters scuttling and I
got super fast with grabbing a glass and capturing them before spraying
Raid through a crack at the bottom. One time doing this action, I wasn't
quite center and actually popped a pregnant spider and had zillions of
babies running everywhere. I was bashing them with my son's shoe, he was
freaking 'cus I was using his shoe (not on his foot - lol!). Oh, it was a
scene.

Before we moved into this house, we set off a bunch of bug bombs and apart
from a couple of dozy yellow jackets that I think came from the attic,

I've
yet to see anything else alive...