Old 12-12-2003, 06:33 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Pots in the North

The message
from "Andy Hunt" contains these words:

Thanks - a great list. I'm not sure how chillis would do in the climate we
have here in the People's Republic of Bury, it's a bit "humid" much of the
time, although thanks to global warming (?) we had a great summer this year.
Someone said to me that kiwi fruit are hardy enough to grow outdoors up
here, but I'm slightly sceptical I must admit. I always thought they needed
greenhouses, along with oranges and other citrus etc.

Fully hardy, yer Chinese gooseberries. But don't forget you need a male
vine as well as a female to get fruit.

(Very attractive foliage too.)

Will try the vaseline for slugs. Apparently it's also good for treating
those who smoke after sex. (sorry crude joke!)

And I always thought it was vapourising vaseline....

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)