Old 12-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Henriette Kress

Default Drying Parsley

Andrew Ostrander wrote:

I think you are off-base on tarragon. Dried tarragon has little flavour but
freezing it works, and so does making tarragon vinegar. As for your remark
about cultivars of tarragon, I understand that French tarragon doesn't set
seed, so all the tarragon plants in the world are clones, and therefore the
same strain.

My dried tarragon is quite unlike hay. It's rather a lot like fresh
tarragon, in fact, and it, too, needs the caution "a little goes a _long_
way".
Perhaps you have inferior drying methods? I bundle'em up and hang'em high,
and when they're dry (about 10 days) I strip the leaf off the stems and
store that in a dark cupboard in a tight glass jar.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed