Old 12-12-2003, 09:42 PM
animaux

Default Rosemary - White powdery substance

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:07:38 GMT, "Graham" opined:

Because it is vigorous, it's a heavy drinker. An early sign that it needs
water (+ a small amount of Schultz) is a slight twist in the leaves that
becomes more pronounced if you ignore it. During the summer, I have to
water it nearly every day.

That's interesting. I have Rosemary 'Tuscany Blue' and have had it for about 6 years,
moved it 200 miles from Dallas to Austin and our median temperatures here in summer are
95-100 degrees for about 4 months, and I never watered it yet. Maybe once when it was
first planted.

I now have some French lavenders in pots that are even more vigorous. The
Spanish is very delicate and vulnerable to aphids and the English lavender
seems to be more susceptible to spider mites.
Graham

Eh, lavender. I have some. It's always a mess. I give up on it.