Old 13-12-2003, 03:12 AM
David Hare-Scott

Default Cat urine killing english boxwood hedge!

"mike" wrote in message
om...
I planted 35 boxwoods that line my walkway to my porch. I have since
replaced 10 of these because cats are urinating on them and killing
them. I've considered the Scarecrow "motion activated sprinkler" but
this is a walkway to my front door. Is there any other type of boxwood
or am I out of luck???

Please help! -mike

How do you know it is cat urine doing them in?

There is nothing toxic in it and given the amount produced by each cat,
unless you live in cat central with hundreds of them queueing up all
night, I seriously doubt there is enough nitrogenous chemicals in there
to over-fertilise one plant much less 10.

I would be looking for an alternate explanation.

David