Old 13-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Rosmarianus christmas tree

Jim:
Rosemary make nice Shohin Bonsai, I had a nice one until I made the
mistake of repotting it, and I "messed with the roots" That is a no,
no! :-[

Carl

Jim Lewis wrote:

Well, we were just given a tabletop Christmas tree sculpted from
Rosmarianus officinalis.

It appears to have a fairly nice upright trunk, but when I
started to peek and prod under the ornaments, Jackie scowled at
me.

Not being TOO dense, and since the givers were still here, I
desisted. ;-)

I'm gonna have to convince her that it probably should not be
kept inside through the Holidays -- especially since I'm being
dragged, kicking and screaming, to some &^%$# West Va. ski resort
for Christmas day and we'll be gone for a week or so, leaving
house, cats, horses, and trees under the tender care of a
housesitter (and my wife's dotty aunt, who lives next door).

After the holidays, I suspect I'll be allowed to have my way with
it. Assuming . . .

I'd seen these -- described as a rosemary "topiary" -- at the
local Home Depot.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL -

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --