Old 13-12-2003, 05:43 PM
len gardener

Default ~Converting 32:1 to 50:1 mixture question

g'day tom,

32:1 ratio has more oil in it than 50:1, at least that's how i know
it. don't how much of the 32:1 fuel you have that you want to use but
there isn't a lot of difference between the 2 ratio's especially when
the machine you want to use it in takes the 50:1 mix. i would use the
fuel as it is our snow blower may blow a little more smoke and the
plug may foul a little sooner but all in all that's about all that
should happen. if you have any doubts run it in your 4 stroke machines
if you have any or just tip it into the cars tank where the fuel
capacity is such that the oil won't be noticed.

the oil in the fuel shouldn't make the machine any harder to start,
that will be another issue ie.,. the fuel could be stale?

for me i don't store pre-mixed 2 cycle fuels i store straight petrol
and make my 2 stroke mixes went i need them.

seasons greetings

len

snipped
--