Old 13-12-2003, 06:06 PM
Kitsune Miko

Default [IBC] Rosmarianus christmas tree

--- Jim Lewis wrote:
Jim:
Rosemary make nice Shohin Bonsai, I had a nice one

until I made
the
mistake of repotting it, and I "messed with the

roots" That is
a no,
no! :-[

I'll have to repot some time. It is in a quite
small pot
already, though.

My secret repotting method for those plants with
sensitive roots is to use an old butcher knife someone
gave me and cut the roots slowly over time. I got 5
gal leptosperma (sp?) int a shallow bonsai pot. Took
a couple of years. Cut sides, moving in with
subsequent cuts, cutting one side at a time, then put
slits in can side to cut bottom roots. When I was
finished, there was hardly any disturbance to the
roots left in the new root ball.

I know....I'm not that young any more to wait several
years either.

Kitsune Miko

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++