Old 13-12-2003, 10:32 PM
John Savage

Default Biological Lawnmowinq

Xoreth writes:
Our backyard in suburban Melbourne is severely overgrown. Grasses,
weeds, etc.

Is borrowing, or hiring, a goat or two, a viable thing?

If you are in an outer suburb you might stand a better chance of
procuring a couple of sheep. They will make a dent in long grass
provided it's a type they'll eat. Are there any sheep farmed around
the outskirts of Melbourne? Wandering dogs might be a problem for both
sheep and goats, so you'd need a good fence. Owners of goats may be
reluctant to lend goats. Ditto for sheep, I suppose. The sheep will
need to be suburban trained; taken straight out of a farm mob they will
baa all the time and seriously disturb the neighbourhood and probably
not eat.