Old 13-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Paul Sutphen

Default Remedy for dieing plants.

You can achieve the same results in your aquarium after using potting soil
for substrate. I have about 2 " of soil covered with 1 " of Schultz's
Aquarium Plant Soil (100% fullers earth granules). The latter keeps the
soil contained plus provides beneficial minerals. The plant's root system
grow vigorously in this medium. I suggest you read Diana Walsted's book
"Ecology of a natural Aquarium" Hope this helps.
Paul
"skozzy" wrote in message
A while ago I posted about my plants in ym tanks dieing soon after being
placed in the tank (fresh water).

The last bunch of plants I bought showed signs of dieing in the 1st week,

by
the 2nd week it was almost gone, out of curiosity I removed the left over
plant and put it in a bucket of water with 2 shovels full of dirt from the
ground, there I left it for a while, with-in 2 weeks the plant was booming
and also growing out of the bucket. It's now been 4 weeks since I put it

in
the bucket, and it is almost too big for it now. I removed it from the
bucket just to look at the root structure, and it surprised me to see that
the roots were completely covering the bottom of the bucket and also the
stem of the plant upto the water line had root handing out everywhere.

I am going soo to buy some more plants and try the same method before
placing them in the tank.