Old 14-12-2003, 08:02 AM
sjohnsen

Default Leaf Problem - your suggestions needed.

Frank,
Can you share some of the details of the vacuum trailer you constructed, it
souls like a jewel. I'd sure like to build something like that. How about
posting an e photo? What size and brand mower do you use, does it have
mulching features?
Thanks again,
Scott

"Frank K." wrote in message
I have a vacuum trailer I tow behind my garden tractor/mower. It does a
fantastic job. I built it myself. It holds 44 bushels and just needs to be
emptied once when mowing my 1 acre. The hose connects to the mower deck.

If
the leaves are dry, it will chew them up into pieces smaller than 1 inch
square.

"sjohnsen" wrote in message
My east Tennessee yard is 1 1/2 acres with too many oak trees. Nice in

the
summer but hell in the fall due to all the leaves.
I have tried mowing them up but oak leaves don't fragment / mow up all

that
well. I've worked myself to near exhaustion raking, blowing and

onto tarps and hauling to the back of the property.

So my question is what is the best way or best equipment to use to take

care
of lots of leaves?

I try to cut 1 or 2 oaks a year but the problem is severe.

Thanks!
Under the leaves in Tennessee.....