Old 14-12-2003, 04:32 PM
Frogleg

Default Forsythias blooming??

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 11:21:31 -0500, "Natty_Dread"
wrote:

I'm in Alexandria, VA, USDA Zone 7. This morning I noticed that two of my
mature forsythias are blooming. They've never done this before; is it
normal? Will the flowers die back and the bushes bloom again in the spring?
They in a side border of my southern-facing front yard, and now that the
leaves have dropped from the trees that border the street, on sunny days
they get nearly full sun pretty much all day. Thanks in advance for any
feedback!

Forsythia often blooms in December in your/my climate. Not to worry
(not that you could do anything anyhow). Next spring's bloom may not
be quite as prolific, but the forsythia is used to the climate -- they
know to hold back something.