Old 14-12-2003, 06:30 PM
ronniesloane ronniesloane is offline
Registered User

Location: London UK
Default blowers

Quote:
I have just bought an American Sears "craftsman" petrol leaf blower and my dear wife has broken it by running it on neat petrol rather than two stroke mixture. Does anyone know if it can be repaired in the UK or is it wrecked for good? Originally posted by Warren
Shepherd wrote:
My car is used about 1000 hours a year. My leaf blower is used less

than 10
hours a year.

What's your point?

People buy Kellogg's Corn Flakes 100 times more often than store brands.
By your logic it would be okay if the store brands included 17 times as
much toxins. But in reality, it's irrelevant if Kellogg's is used 100
times as often. The public interest is served when both are held to the
same standards.

The fact that you use your car more often than your leaf blower is
irrelevant. Per minute, the leaf blower produces 17 times as much
pollution. That's as unacceptable is it is for some goofy little car
with a smaller market share being allowed to not meet standards simply
because people drive other cars more.

Would it be okay for you to disable the pollution controls on your car,
and justify it by saying for every 10 hours you drive it, the other cars
in the neighborhood are driven 1000 hours? Of course not. So why would
you think it's relevant that you drive your car 1000 hours for every 10
hours you use your leaf blower? It doesn't make the leaf blower one iota
cleaner. It's not a logical justification.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Celebrate Christmas with The Simpsons
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/simpsons.html