Old 14-12-2003, 07:12 PM
paghat

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

In article , "Fran"
wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
(Edgar S.) wrote:

(snip) Growing your own food makes more or less sense,
depending on the economy. (snip)
If one can meet most of their needs without using dollars, they're
better off. Of course, this presupposes they can raise the food
efficiently.

Even just a dozen tire stacks with home raised potatoes would be nice
to have and takes little effort.

You almost convinced me but then you created this image of the sort of
trashoids who have worn out tires stacked up in their yards as planters --
no doubt lined up in front of the rusting vehicles up on blocks with those
very tires removed, in front of a doublewide that's settling at an odd
angle with a roof that goes BANG! on hot days.

Boy, I don't think I've ever seen anyone drop so quickly into stereotyping
about such a simple thing.

I've grown spuds in tyres and I live in a house that friends who live in the
city think is quite posh.
So how often do you encounter this sort of thing? Or more to the point, why
do you live in an area with such slummy places or go to such slummy places?

Hey, YOU'RE the one who lives where it's "posh" to stack used tires in
your front yard.

Spuds don't care where they grow

The garbage dump wouldn't mind a few spuds either, or even some toxic
waste for that matter!

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
See the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl: