Old 14-12-2003, 08:34 PM
Jonathan Ball

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

Edgar S. wrote:

(bob peterson) wrote in message . com...

If you translate this to a real life situation where you have 10 hours
a day worth of other work to do just to survive, its clear that this
type of arrangement is only for desperation mode,

Nope... Not really. Growing your own food makes more or less sense,
depending on the economy. Our dollar is getting weaker. We are having
both inflation and deflation at the same time. Money is harder to get
(deflation) but worth less and less over time (inflation).

No. You prove your abject economic ignorance.

Inflation and deflation are opposites. Inflation is a
rising price level; deflation is a falling price level.

If one can meet most of their needs without using dollars, they're
better off. Of course, this presupposes they can raise the food
efficiently.

Even just a dozen tire stacks with home raised potatoes would be nice
to have and takes little effort.

and even then you
probably cannot do it alone.

That's the catch: raise something that is useful to anyone. Eggs,
butter, meat. Supplement it with garden produce.

Then trade for things other raise or make.