Old 14-12-2003, 10:15 PM
LORRAINE LORRAINE is offline
Registered User

Location: OLDHAM
Default Cats terrorise my fish!

Quote:
Originally posted by Scooby Don't
I've recently moved into my new house which has a lovely little pond in the garden - home to 3 goldfish.

The water was so murky that you couldn't see the fish, so I called a guy from a local aquarium company who came out to clean the pond and install a saftey grating (I have a 2 year old child). He also attached meshing to the grate to 'keep the cats from getting the fish'.

It hasn't worked! The fish have been terrorised by numerous cats and 2 of the poor buggers have somehow been dragged out and left to die. The remaining goldfish is in a right state, his fins are torn and he has claw marks all over him.

How do I keep the cats away - my neighbour recommends trellis along all walls and nails on the gate, has anyone tried this or do you have any other ideas.

Thanks
Hi hope this helps..have you tried building up the sides of your pond so the offending cats are looking down into your pond rather than being on the same level as the water, that way they cannot just take a swipe of the fish.