Old 15-12-2003, 06:42 AM
Blarneytoad

Default 400 Watt Metal Halide ~too much?

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 14:35:40 -0600, "John Little"
wrote:

I have a 400 watt metal halide on a 90 gallon corner style aquarium. I have
the choice of a 20K or 10K bulb. Wondering which one is the best for a
planted tank with Discus.

I have a smaller tank with 10K pc bulbs and that tank is doing fine. I was
just wondering if a 400 watt metal halide is too much for a plant tank.

Thanks,
John

Is it a pendant? You can always raise and lower a pendant light. I
have 350 watts (2- 175 watt pendants) over a 55 g and it's not too
much providing you supply enough CO2 and nutirents.