Old 15-12-2003, 01:13 PM
Iris Cohen

Default [IBC] bonsai grapes

A "bonsai vineyard" may not be bonsai (and these certainly are not!)

The gentleman in question was rather miffed and wrote to me, "What I choose to
call the vines is my prerogative."
I had no choice. I referred him to Humpty Dumpty.
"When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it
means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.” “The question
is,” said Alice, “whether you can make words mean so many different
things.” “The question is,” said Humpty Dumpty, “which is to be
master—that’s all.”
LEWIS CARROLL (Charles L. Dodgson), Through the Looking-Glass, chapter 6, p.
205.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."