Old 15-12-2003, 01:12 PM
Ben Lurkin

Default Phal question??

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
news

Ben,

Could you post a photo of this on alt.binaries.pictures.orchids (or on a
Web
site, and provide us a link here). I would very much like to know what

this
looks like. Unless of course you have cut it off by now.

Thanks,
Joanna

Unfortunately my camera is on the fritz. I do think I can draw a word
picture if you are willing to read carefully.

The pot is 6 1//2 inches in diameter. The first 6 leaves are typical Phal.
The base of each leaf wrapping the stem and the base of the leaf above.
There was an inch of stem between the sixth and seventh leaves. The leaves
are about a foot long.

The main stem then grew into a spike with two small leaves below the point
of branch where the keiki formed. There are 14 inches of stem between the
seventh leaf and the branch/keiki.

There were two more spikes each of which branched twice. A total of 5 stems
at the top. The plant had 18 to 25 flowers on it all last winter.

For most of you a white Phal all winter is probably kind of boring. But for
me this is far more flowers than I have ever had on an orchid and my wife
enjoys the corsages.