Old 15-12-2003, 01:14 PM
animaux

Default Rosemary - White powdery substance

On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 18:03:19 GMT, Phisherman opined:

There are many varieties of Rosemary. Like many herbs it seems to
grow well without special attention. I've read that it doesn't like
strong winter winds, though there is little wind here between two
mountain ranges. The cutting I rooted last spring are growing well
and I'll need to start trimmimg it to the shape I want (Christmas
tree) else it will eventually look straggly like its mama. Nice dark
green color and bushy herb.

There is a variety which will tolerate, oh, USDA Zone 6b in a protected situation.
Against a southern side of the house, but dry. Rosemary 'ARP' is one of the more hardy
types. Another was developed by Madelaine Hill, it may be called 'Hill' for all I know.
I don't recall. Does anyone remember the one she found which is hardy?