Old 15-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Ben Lurkin

Default Phal question??

Thanks to both of you for the information. I removed the keiki today and
potted it and repotted the mother plant. One more question about this.

If the mother plant forms pups, will it be best to try and remove them and
compost the mother or should I plan on a larger pot????

Ben

"K Barrett" wrote in message
As Ray noted the plant that spikes from the crown usually is a goner.
Sometimes it will pup from the side, from a leaf axil. Usually , in my
experience, that depends greatly on the health and vitality of the root
system. A vigorous root system and the plant may pup. If its flagging,

then
no pup.

K Barrett