Old 15-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Tallgrass

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

(dstvns) wrote in message ...

Who the hell eats 4 thousand calories a day? A thanksgiving dinner is
2000. Are you going on personal experience with calorie intake? I
would hate to have you as a dependent.

By the way, thanks for being a regular ray of sunshine, I didn't know
there was gonna be a pop quiz on this. As I said in my first post, I
DONT KNOW how many acres require self-sufficiency.

Dan

It's not that hard to burn that many calories when using hand tools,
bucking bales, turning soil by hand, and especially if cutting lumber.

Most people will not eat all of that in carbohydrates, tho, but make
up a fair amount of those calories in animal fat. Bacon, butter,
gravy, lard used in cooking.

One can find caloric requirements of particular job types. It is very
interesting to read.

Linda H., M.D.