Old 15-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Fran

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

"paghat" wrote in message
In article "Fran" wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message

You almost convinced me but then you created this image of the sort of
trashoids who have worn out tires stacked up in their yards as

planters --
no doubt lined up in front of the rusting vehicles up on blocks with

those
very tires removed, in front of a doublewide that's settling at an odd
angle with a roof that goes BANG! on hot days.

Boy, I don't think I've ever seen anyone drop so quickly into

stereotyping
about such a simple thing.

I've grown spuds in tyres and I live in a house that friends who live in

the
city think is quite posh.
So how often do you encounter this sort of thing? Or more to the point,

why
do you live in an area with such slummy places or go to such slummy

places?

Hey, YOU'RE the one who lives where it's "posh" to stack used tires in
your front yard.

You aren't reading what I wrote. I don't live where it is "posh" to grow
spuds in tyres. I live in a house which others have described as "posh". I
also happen to have grown potatoes in tyre stacks.

I don't put these tyre stacks in my front yard. The previous poster did not
mention growing spuds in tyres in his front yard either.

You are the one that assumes that anyone who DOES grow spuds in tyres is a
"trashoid".

Spuds don't care where they grow

The garbage dump wouldn't mind a few spuds either, or even some toxic
waste for that matter!

That comment is simply adding hysteria to stereotyping.

Just in case you aren't aware of it, many tips (or dumps) around the world
are now becoming very well cared for and have permananet tip attendants.
These tip attendants often shred garden waste dumped in the tip and then
compost it and either resell it to keen gardeners who know the value of
recycling green waste or reuse it on beautification schemes in the dump.

A tip about an hours drive from me has a huge recycling scheme using
earthworms to do the recycling and they make money from selling both
vermicompost and worms. It's a nice little earner that helps in keeping
local taxed down.

No one is compelling you to recycle anything but there is simply no call to
leap to the worst possible scenario simply because someone does try to make
use of discarded items. They do not become your "trashoids" simply because
they have discovered a good method to use for growing something in a tight
space. The trashoids are in your mind.