Old 15-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Edgar S.

Default Self-Sufficiency Acreage Requirement?

(Tallgrass) wrote in message . com...
(Edgar S.) wrote in message . com...snipped

Even just a dozen tire stacks with home raised potatoes would be nice
to have and takes little effort.
snipped again

Tire stacks....what are these, adn how does one work with them?

stack them up, fill with compost. As I understand it, u harvest the
spuds by removing one tire at a time. The tire stack saves space and
conserves water. Water evaporates off the stacks more slowly than it
does off the ground.

While the tires indeed would be ugly to look at out in the open, it
would not be too difficult to plant something in front of them... or
put them behind some kind of facade.... maybe a rammed earth wall in
front with access to the tire stack from the rear.

Having MULTIPLE dumped tires in my creekbed, I would love to find a
use for them, once I pull them up the ravine!

And a refrigerator....any suggestions, other than an aquarium?
Planter? Other?

My father used his old 'fridge as a tool chest. It worked very well
and was handy. The shelves remained in place. The tool shop was very
neat.