Old 25-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Dave

Default I should live in the tropics!

Frank,

That is why I built a greenhouse. I have a shade house and covered it with
plastic - when it was cold I used an electric heater. I still had problems
when the temp decided to drop below 32, last night it got to 28 here (the
gulf coast of central Florida). Good luck, wish you the best.
"Frank H. Kirchner" wrote in message
news
It's the worst cold snap here in Virginia in years! And the electricity
failed last night. The greenhouse temperature reistered a low of 34. Are
we a happy camper today!? :-( At least it wasn't truly freezing.

Two questions:
How long before my plants will tell me how much damage they sustained? My
collection is your typical serious hobbyist of about 500 plants rangeing
through most of the comonly grown plants-vandas to phals.

If I add back-up heating for such emergencies, how damage could I expect
from a kerosene heater vs. a propane heater. Are both likely to blast
buds?

Why don't I live in Hawaii?

Thanks.

--