Old 15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
jane

Default Pots in the North

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:42:08 +0100, martin wrote:

~On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 08:20:34 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:
~
~On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 22:30:04 -0000, "Andy Hunt"
wrote:
~
~snip
~~The latest "urban myth" over here is that Kentucky Fried Chicken changed
~~their name to simply KFC because the meat isn't chicken any more - it's made
~~from brainless, artificially-grown muscle-protein derived from the moving
~~bits of ex-chickens, twitching in the labs as they are artificially
~~stimulated by electrical impulses.
~
~...when they actually changed it because the word 'fried' implied it
~was unhealthy!
~
~In our house we still call it "Kan't Find the Chicken" grin
~
~In our house we don't buy it, so we have no need to look for it :-)

Hey I didn't say we buy any! :-) We're just rude every time we see a
sign...

I think that I've only had it three times in my life. And one of those
was a roadside place in the middle of a snowstorm in the US, and we
just needed to eat *something* in case we got stuck.

It's at least better than a McD... which has absolutely no food in it
whatsoever. I once heard even the Fries are made from reconstituted
corn starch and have never been near a spud in their lives.
Then again we call *them* rat on a stick (with apologies to Terry
Pratchett).

I'm going to go and answer an on-topic thread now :-)

--
jane

Mark Twain