Old 15-12-2003, 04:38 PM
Aphodius

Default House plant question

In article, Rhiannon S
writes

Uh-oh. I'll try and keep it in the warmer room theng What about light
levels, I live in a north east facing flat so after about 10 am it can be

very
dark in here?
---

Don't bother about the light. At this time of the year when schlumbergias
produce their flowers, they prefer a room without artificial light.. A
spare, unoccupied bedroom is ideal where they can have natural light during
the day and it is dark during the evening and night. However, it is most
important not to keep turning the plant around as schlumbergias are very
prone to their young buds twisting off the leaves. Put a mark on the pot
where it faces a window making sure you always keep it in that position,
that should keep most of the buds on the plant ready for flowering at
Christmas.

Aphodius