Old 15-12-2003, 09:12 PM
K Barrett

Default Phal question??

"Susan Erickson" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 03:02:58 GMT, "Ben Lurkin"
wrote:

Thanks to both of you for the information. I removed the keiki today and
potted it and repotted the mother plant. One more question about this.

If the mother plant forms pups, will it be best to try and remove them

and
compost the mother or should I plan on a larger pot????

Ben

Generally, if Mom Pups it is a dying breath kind of thing. You
will try to keep Mom's roots going until the pup has a system of
its own and Mom will gradually fade away. When you repot Mom
will just be a small pike of roots and a dead stump. So talk
kindly to Mom and maybe she will pull thru.

SuE

Ditto.

K Barrett