Old 16-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Shell

Default Mealy bug control

The mealy bugs from hell live at my house, you figure out how to get rid of
them let me know I've tried alcohol, soap and alcohol, insecticidal
soap, sevin dust, all kinds of bug sprays. I'm hoping the freeze we just
had will do the little suckers in. Fortunately they aren't on my orchids,
just my moss rose. Even the two lizards living in the moss rose pot can't
get rid of them.

Shell

"Cecil Kimber" wrote in message
When the Phals start blooming the Mealies start breeding. I'd like to get

jump on it this year. Has anyone had success with biological controls?

I'm
considering releasing some Cryptolaemus montrouzieri into the greenhouse.
These are the commonly named Australian Ladybug. Supposedly both the

adults
and larvae are predacious. They are supposedly useful in controlling

citrus
and longtail mealies outdoors. Anyone tried them in a greenhouse? Merry
Ho, Ho!