Old 16-12-2003, 08:34 AM
jane

Default Garden of Wales decision time

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:19:32 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

~"..........The trustees have not resigned (yet - apparently they had offered
~to do so as far back as the first rescue plan rejected by Alan Pugh) and the
~accountants have not yet taken over administration, although they are there
~advising and presumably ready to take over if the Gardens go into
~administration or liquidation. ............"
~
~I wouldn't have thought that Trustees would be allowed to resign when an
~institution is having problems as they would then be getting out of any
~liabilities that they might have in any resulting crash/winding up etc.
~
~Interesting news/gossip you're passing on, do keep it up.
~Just a pity that all the publicity regarding the gardens is so negative at
~present.
~Wonder if the England rugby squad would like to use the place for a weekend
~training camp, that would bring in a few thousand visitors.
~

I hope to goodness it's still open in January as I would like to go
again. I find gardens in winter very illuminating, after all, most are
lovely in summer. And the basic design of this one is haunting - I
would love the rill, for instance!

I have a friend in Swansea who has never been there and wants to, but
they don't have a car and there is NO public transport to the site! So
I'd like to have the chance to take her.

Can you believe that? They set up something like this and the local
councils don't connect it to the rail network etc?

--
jane

Mark Twain