Old 16-12-2003, 09:32 AM
Gavin Wheeler

Default Garden of Wales decision time

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:28:51 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 23:19:32 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

~"..........The trustees have not resigned (yet - apparently they had offered
~to do so as far back as the first rescue plan rejected by Alan Pugh) and the
~accountants have not yet taken over administration, although they are there
~advising and presumably ready to take over if the Gardens go into
~administration or liquidation. ............"
~
~I wouldn't have thought that Trustees would be allowed to resign when an
~institution is having problems as they would then be getting out of any
~liabilities that they might have in any resulting crash/winding up etc.

I understand that some already have, which would imply that they have.
Or the resignations may just have been upper management, like the CEO.

I hope to goodness it's still open in January as I would like to go
again.

There's a good chance that the site will remain in one form or another
even if the Trust gets liquidated, as a lot of the value there is in
the plants and design of the garden. But if it goes into liquidation
or has to be closed to the public in the initial stages of
administration, you may be out of luck in January.

I don't suppose I can convince you that this Friday about 6pm to 7pm
would be a good time for you and your friend in Swansea to visit? ;Þ

Can you believe that? They set up something like this and the local
councils don't connect it to the rail network etc?

Rail would be tricky, as you would have to liaise with Railtrack, buy
land to lay the tracks, get planning permissionand so on.

But wouldn't it be lovely to have a bus service linking Swansea,
Middleton, Aberglasney and Carmarthen? I haven't looked at a map in
detail to see if that route would work, but there are other lovely
gardens in the area. I've totally blocked on the names of the two
gardens in Swansea, for example.