Old 16-12-2003, 04:34 PM
jane

Default Garden of Wales decision time

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 12:11:51 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

~"........Can you believe that? They set up something like this and the local
~councils don't connect it to the rail network etc? ....."
As I forgot to say in this sentence, "by bus..."

but then you said
~
~You have to be joking........the nearest railway line is at least 10 miles
~away.........the cost would be enough to fund the gardens for the next 30
~years.
which piece of useful infomation shoots it in the foot nicely in any
case! Thanks for that figure.

And leads to the next obvious and rhetorical question - why didn't
they build the garden by a main transport/rail route?
(answers on a postcard to /dev/null :-)

*SIGH*

I still want to go again. If only to shoot a few hundred photos of the
hard landscaping/water rill so when, in ** years time I find a
millionaire :-) and have my country estate I can recreate it!

~The place crying out for a rail link is Cardiff Wales airport, there is a
~line running along the south boundary fence, but when I worked in that area
~the plans were to put a rail link in around 2010.
ok this is even dafter.

anyone'd think they want to keep furriners out of Wales...

jane (who is currently trying to understand why the Tube people are
digging up the lines into London during weekends when it's the main
Christmas shopping season.)

--
jane

Mark Twain