Old 16-12-2003, 05:03 PM
animaux

Default Is Wayside Insane?

I mean, I know black bamboo is expensive. I can buy a 20 gallon pot for about 60
dollars, but that's a twenty gallon mature plant!

Oh well. I'm having trouble knowing I'm old enough to get the Jack Parr joke!

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:28:01 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
opined:

Yes they are and they have gall too!

I have often wondered why in the heck they call themselves Wayside in the
first place.

Makes me think of that famous WC story that made Jack Parr quit the Tonight
Show!!!

It only proves that P.T. Barnum was right when he said "There's a sucker
born every minute"!!!

And I'm not talking about the suckers you propagate big Bamboo from
either!!!

animaux wrote in message
.. .
Just got their catalog. Black Bamboo, one gallon pot, $125.00.

One oakleaf hydrangea with the chartreuse foliage, $45.00.

I truly don't know how they make any money there. Does anyone actually

think
these are as rare as they try to make you believe?

Pam, how much did that dwarf hydrangea sell for at a garden center?