Old 16-12-2003, 05:04 PM
animaux

Default Is Wayside Insane?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:23:14 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
opined:

$30 before my discount. Not exactly a bargain, but much less than Wayside.
And they are trying to get folks to think it is their "exclusive" when it is
obviously not. Black bamboo IS expensive but not that expensive - for the
equivalent price here you will get a mature and full 5 gallon container.

pam - gardengal

Well, 30 is certainly a much more feasible price for something which is
relatively rare. However, I think I may buy a bucket of black bamboo, grow it,
divide it and start selling IT. Holy cow.

Thing with it here is that rarely, if ever, are there any clumpers which clump.
Most of the bamboo's run. Black is somewhat more behaved, but if unchecked for
a few years, you'd be inundated. I may have to grow it now. Geesh. I'd make it
much more affordable to the garden center so they don't have to charge so much.