Old 17-12-2003, 08:32 PM
Jonathan Ball

Default "Left wing kookiness"

Frogleg wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:06:50 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

"Diet for a Small Planet" IS INDEED an expression of
leftist political thinking. So is "veganism". If
someone tells me he's "vegan", I know EVERYTHING about
his politics; there's nothing concealed.

My goodness -- a psychic!

No; an astute observer. No psychic ability is required.

I am an omnivore (except for lima beans),

Ooohh, you're missing out on a truly delicious and
nutritious and versatile food.

but I find there are many reasons behind vegetarian/vegan preferences
ranging widely among the religious, ethical, health, and economic. *I*
sure can't tell anyone's politics from their food preferences.

You could, if you'd study harder.

Lurking behind EVERY "vegan's" - not vegetarian's -
dietary choices is some kind of belief in animal
"rights". People may be vegetarian for a variety of
reasons, but people are "vegan" out of a belief in
leftist/collectivist dogma. Most don't even bother to
deny it; those who do can always quickly be shown to be
liars.