Old 17-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Marty Haber

Default [IBC] "The Spirit of Bonsai design: Combine the Power of Zen and nature" (redux)

Lynn - it occurs to me that the esoteric split between tree and stone
appreciation exposes our ultimate chutzpah. The whole idea of planting
trees in pots is our way of saying: "Nature is a hit-and-miss proposition.
We will take over and improve upon it. We will show Nature how it should
behave." In our Gallery, we're constantly seeing virtuals illustrating
members' improvements upon improvements.
I'm not intimating that we should quit what we are doing; only that we ought
to add a heaping portion of humility to our work.
Marty.