Old 17-12-2003, 09:39 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Storing chillies

In article ,
Sue da Nimm . wrote:
I've just picked the last of the chillies from the greenhouse. I've got a
good haul of Jalapenos and Rainbows.
I'm going to dry some of the Rainbows and freeze some along with some of the
Jalapenos. I'd like to pickle the rest of the Jalapenos - is there any
special technique?

The two methods I tend to use are drying and Hell Fire Sauce (chilli
sherry), but the latter is more suited to hot chillis rather than
Jalapenos. I would be surprised if they needed any special technique,
so any combination of brine and vinegar (according to taste) would
do. E.g. Modify a recipe for pickled radish pods :-)

I don't know anything about Rainbow chillis - are they hot, or salad
ones like Jalapenos?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.