Old 18-12-2003, 12:28 AM
Tony Charles

Default Too much Sun, wind...or both for Acer palmatum

Hi,

I have a problem with my Acer palmatum getting brown edges on the leaves,
and the leaves beginning to curl up. I have just read on the net that it
probably has to do with too much intense sunlight during the middle of the
day...

I live in sub-tropical Australia (near Mackay) near the sea and get a fair
bit of wind. Could the wind, and the hot summer temperature play a part in
the browning of the leaves' edges?

I think I'll set up a shade cloth to provide filtered light during the
middle part of the day...will this help?

Thanks

Tony Charles