Old 18-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Sue da Nimm

Default Storing chillies

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message
In article ,
The two methods I tend to use are drying and Hell Fire Sauce (chilli
sherry), but the latter is more suited to hot chillis rather than
Jalapenos. I would be surprised if they needed any special technique,
so any combination of brine and vinegar (according to taste) would
do. E.g. Modify a recipe for pickled radish pods :-)

I don't know anything about Rainbow chillis - are they hot, or salad
ones like Jalapenos?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The Rainbows are small (about 1 inch long) and very fiery. They are
multicoloured at first, then go red.
The Jalapenos are nothing like the bland things you can buy in Mexican
Restaurants or in jars in supermarkets, They look the same but are hot
enough to make you blow steam! I use just two in my Tom Yam Goong and Thai
red curries - any more would destroy the palette and spoil the dish.