Old 18-12-2003, 09:04 AM
martin

Default Pots in the North

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:18:10 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Andy Hunt" wrote in message

Smoked garlic and gilded lilies are in the same class.
Neat garlick is next to godliness. It does not need smoking.

I agree, but the poster said he'd bought some.

It was the smell more than anything, before cooking. I didn't really

notice
any difference in the taste, to be honest, although it was in with a lot

of
other stuff.

It sounds to me as though it was sprayed. Properly smoked garlic looks and
tastes and, when cut, smells very different from unsmoked garlic.

My test now is to peel off some of the skin before I buy it. If the seller
is genuine he won't mind. If it is genuinely smoked you'll see the
difference.

I hope you complain to the trading standards officer too.

It's a type of fraud isn't it?
--
Martin