Old 18-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Pam Moore

Default Harry Lauder,s walki9ng stick

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:13:53 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

What a pity. We have a little private path at the back between ourselves
and our neighbours. The hazel of which I speak has got out of hand and is
making the path unusable on wet days.

Please, may I give it a slightly less harsh pruning?

In that case I would cut off some of the stems around the base,
leaving the central ones intact. That would give you room to pass but
not spoil the attractiveness too much.
Then you would have to be extra vigilant for the straight ones which
may well try to invade the space you have made.

Pam in Bristol