Old 18-12-2003, 02:12 PM
Andy Hunt

Default kippers to dye for Pots in the North

You might be surprised what's happened to the typical "cannabis consumer"

..
. . it's gone from being the domain of the greasy-haired drop-out
hippy-in-a-teepee (not that there's anything wrong with that, mind) to

being
a middle-class, middle-aged pipe-and-slippers job, with a nice glass of

red
wine and a bit of Kate Rusby on the stereo. Apart from all the kids who
smoke that stuff that's made out of Iraqi crude barrel-scrapings and old
rubber tyres, but I don't really count that. For the real connaisseur,

it's
a fine art.

I can and do live without it. I had big enough problems giving up
tobacco, which I hated, without getting involved in something illegal
that I might like.

Very wise . . . it's like any other drug at the end of the day - alcohol,
tobacco, whatever. If you haven't started, best not to. And although the
quantities of pure cannabis flower I smoke are tiny compared to even the
vegetable matter in a single cigarette, I can still feel the effect on my
lungs, which isn't good. It's very much a luxury for me.

Besides, you can get really high off a nice strong cup of tea . . . or an
infusion of rue and sage.

Andrew